Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Smoothie sensations


My mom recently gave me her old blender, which to me is like a little piece of heaven as I've been making smoothies/pesto/blending everything in my teeny tiny magic bullet up until now. Smoothies are awesome for breakfast, a snack, or a pre/post-workout protein boost and while I usually just throw whatever I can find in the fridge into the mix, here are my two favourites:

The Morning Punch: I love me a good morning smoothie. It's like yogurt and fruit, only I don't have to chew it, which is perfect for comatose early-morning Alicia. [Milk, blueberries, chopped pineapples, half an apple, one scoop plain protein powder]

 


Super Spinach Smoothie: Not gross I swear! Super tasty, super healthy, and great for a pre-workout snack. I make these before yoga so I'm not hungry through the class, but also not so full that it's hard for me to be all bendy. [1 cup spinach, half a banana, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup water, half a kiwi, 1 scoop protein powder, 2 scoops vanilla yogurt]


It may look a little weird, but it's delicious I promise. What are your favourite smoothie combo's?

Happy Tuesday!

A.C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...