It's officially spring! That means the weather's warmer, the birds are chirpier, and the barbecue's are a-blazing....if you have a barbecue that is. Sigh. For those less fortunate like myself, here's a recipe that's easy, delicious, and still gives your chicken that barbecue feel.
The recipe: Giada's Chicken with Balsamic BBQ Sauce (leave it to Giada to make something this great, the woman is seriously perfection).
Things you'll need
For the balsamic bbq sauce:
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Fo the chicken or steak:
- 4 pieces chicken, any combination of breast/leg/thigh, or 4 pieces NY strip or Club steak (I used 7 pieces of chicken thighs, since they were all fairly small)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth
1 cup Balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup Ketchup
1 clove minced garlic (maybe I added 2 or 3...)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup brown sugar
Add Worcestershire sauce and salt.
2. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Bake chicken at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes in a lightly oiled pan.
|I used chicken thighs, but you can use breast, leg, or steak pieces.|
If your pieces have skin, place them in the baking pan skin side up.
4. Remove baking dish from the oven and spoon BBQ sauce over the top of the chicken.
5. Return the baking pan to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, then remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
|The juiciest chicken ever!|
This was probably one of the best chicken dishes I've made in a while. I don't like store bought BBQ sauce because I find it has a salty/metallic taste, but this was so refreshing and light! This recipe makes a fair amount, so I'm keeping the extra in the fridge to use on a chicken sandwich tomorrow.
Good job Giada, good job.
Also, apologies for the poor quality photos - I left my camera battery charger in Toronto so I've been using my Blackberry...not for long though!