Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Out of this world (or atmosphere at least)


Couscous and Edamame Salad ($8)
For those of you that don't know, I spend most of my time in Guelph, continuing my scholastic journey at U of G in an MSc program. One thing I absolutely love about Guelph is their restaurant variety. I live downtown and am so happy that the street are not littered with fast food chains or steakhouse's with the Montana's/Casey's/Kelsey's vibe. Most restaurants are quaint, family-owned and use local ingredients from nearby farms. On a cold and rainy night, my friend Morgan and I decided to go out for dinner and ended up at Atmosphere Cafe, a small, intimate eatery embedded in an old historical building.  The place was far from packed on a Sunday night (there may have been one or two other tables besides us), but the 'atmosphere' was perfect to say the least.  
Cranberry and Pecan Salad ($8)
We each ordered a salad to start: I had the Couscous and Edamame salad and Morgan had the Cranberry and Pecan salad (both 8$). They were both so delicious and fresh tasting! For someone who can't handle to much spice, I really enjoyed the bite from the edamame. As a salad lover, I am definitely going to try and replicate these at home. We split the Ratatouille Pizza (thin curst artisan-style, with roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, fresh thyme, goat cheese, and mozzarella).  Unfortunately, we inhaled the whole thing before I had a chance to snap a picture, but it was amazing! (I wouldn't be surprised if there was a wood-burning oven back there..). If you are ever in the Guelph area, I highly recommend Atmosphere!
A.C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...