Thursday, January 12, 2012

Junior's not so Junior


The place was packed from the
time we got there till we left!
One of our NY lunch's was spent at Junior's, a restaurant founded by Harry Rosen and master baker Eigel Patterson in the 1950's. The lineup was out the door when we got there but my Mom insisted that this place was worth it, so we waited it out. As usual, Mom was right.  While it's most well-known for its home-made cheesecakes, Junior's has a ton of stuff on their menu including soups, salads, seafood, pasta, meat, and a whole breakfast page (which we arrived too late for, unfortunately) so don't feel like you only need to go there for dessert.  Even though its situated in downtown Manhattan, the inside of Junior's still has a retro-50's like atmosphere, which I appreciated; I half-expected the servers to come out in roller skates.  Speaking of the servers, I truly commend them because everything came out SPEEDY fast, regardless of the constant pandemonium in there.
Matzah ball soup
Melissa and I enjoying a massive banana milkshake
Reuben Sandwhich with home cut fries and some kind of
awesome mystery dip
 By the time we got in there I was actually starving so I wanted to order the sandwich/fries combo to myself. Luckily, I ended up splitting it with my sister which I'm sure my body thanked me for later. Not sure why it's called Junior's when everything you order is massive. Even our coffee looked like it was served in a cereal bowl!
HOW GOOD DOES THIS LOOK.
 Even though we were stuffed to the brim by the end of it, we couldn't come to a famous cheesecake place and not try out their speciality....
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
And yes, we all split this piece (although it was devoured pretttttty quickly). Even the icing was good and I HATE icing!

It's only 5 minutes from Times Square so if you're in New York and feel like something warm and hearty and delicious (and don't mind waiting about half an hour), head to Junior's!

Cheers!
A.C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...